iFi subwoofer malfunctioning

hotteg04

I got my iFi a few years ago and its been great for the most part. After seemless operation for a couple of years the subwoofer started making a slight hissing noise(sort of like a continuous strong wind). At first I thought nothing of it but it has become an incredibly loud popping, thumping, distortion. For the most part I only use the iFi as my computer speakers and leave the system on but at the lowest volume when not in use. I've tried resetting the sub by unplugging it for a while and disconnecting all of the speakers, lines, etc. and neither have helped the problem. Anybody have any clue why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? I assume that the warranty is now invalid because of how long I've had the system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Justin

i am positive that particular (bubbled) capacitor need to be replaced. usually busted caps shows bulged tops or sides, indicating that it has leaked.

the reason i said this is because i just replaced one of my capacitors to solve my crackling issue even though it didn't leak. so a leaked capacitor definitely make things worse. is it the capacitors in group (4 pieces) or the one on the right side alone?

normal_DSC02356.JPG

courtesy of dbert.

• Like 1