KSM2 please advise "update"

buckskin

Thanks for everyones advice. This week I have to return the speaker Klipsch sent me. It just refuses to work. Is this common? Anyway, later this week when I have more time, I will pull both woofers out of their cabinets. I dont think my cabinets have a routed out recess for the speaker frame to sit down into. I will check for this, also in the cabinet that has the factory original woofer,I will check to see if it is cast or stamped. What Klipsch sent me is cast. I have been reading this forum for a few months, trying to learn. Michael, thanks for taking the time to put out the tech story on the KSM's. I printed them for the file. Good info in there for people like me. By the way, what is a motor board? Joey B, will keep your info in case I need it. Thanks for your help. Will update with the next chapter in the saga!

Did you check the new driver with an ohm meter?

The driver might be bad, but the network in the cabinet could be at fault too. You need to determine which is at fault. If the driver, is it open or shorted? If it measures shorted, look at the tinsel leads to see if they are touching (I've seen that happen).

The board the driver is mounted to is sometimes called the motor board.