Frustrated....

Dsrtjeeper

LOL! I knew you were going to say Dan Mazza! That's where I learned to sit against the back wall and pull the speakers into the room. I purchased my first tube amp there back when they opened in Tempe; AZ.

Small world, bro. When I was there he just moved from somewhere, he led me to believe it was from a bigger place in Phoenix but it could have been Tempe. His new place is pretty small and packed. I listened to a Leben amp (EL84 I believe) and I think Proac speakers, but I could be wrong. Sounded real nice. Dan was extremeny acommodating knowing that I was from out of town and just joy riding. He's got some good stories about the old days let me tell ya'. Sold a few thousand tubes to Eva Ann Manley after meeting her in a bar, stuff like that. A memorable visit for sure. I kept looking for something I could use so I could at least do some business; cables, tubes, something, but left with only a few CDs.

He had a bigger place in Tempe close to ASU. I've known Dan for years. He worked for Macintosh at some point. Evanna Manley use to come in town quite often. Did he tell you how Evanna designed the Stingray amp on a napkin at a bar?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic