Saving an orphan pair of Klipsch AA Balancing Networks - Turning fugly to foxy AA Network restoration - Klipsch balancing network recapping - klipsch crossover network upgrade

Guest " "

In it's day, it was the cat's meow. If they could only tell the story of where they have been, what they have seen (or wish they did not). Hate to see them thrown out. OK, I accept the challenge, send them to me.

post-22082-13819639323888_thumb.jpg

all the inductor and autoformer covers come off and get soaked in solvent, then dipped in aluminum colored rustoleum paint, baked for two hours. take a look at the first picture again, these are the same covers.

post-22082-13819639335238_thumb.jpg

ok, here's the infamous steel screw....I can't measure a difference with the screw in or out, but to keep the peace, we will replace it with a brass screw (AL, you don't have to come out of retirement)

post-22082-13819639382868_thumb.jpg

each poly film cap gets a partner polycarbonate bypass cap. if you want to feel the seductiveness of a female singers voice, a polycarbonate bypass cap will do it.

post-22082-13819639399568_thumb.jpg

I don't like to use heat on capacitors, crimp connection with a good crimping tool is just as good. I don't think solder has enough silver in it to buy into the conductive quality of it. High end cables used crimp connections. It works for me.

post-22082-13819639405168_thumb.jpg

Hey sexy. I don't sell these. I have been trading old fugly ones in exchange for these reconditioned ones. On a case by case basis. done about 5 pairs in recent times, and a few dozen over the years. Sure you could probally do better......so go for it....try your hand at it.

post-22082-13819639432758_thumb.jpg