Amp or no Amp?

I am definitely new to mid scale audio, but actually, is sad as it is, I really have never had a great system. Music listening has been a major portion of my life. I can word for word most rock n roll songs from the late 60's to mid to later 70's. I enjoy the great detail of the great rock bands and what was put in the music, even though listening to it through low grade systems. I did do some research, even though I dont know what I am doing. I finally found some RF-83's, which are on their way to me know. I have a Denon AVR 3805 receiver pushing them. I know these are some monster speakers but, from what I have read, there are some reports that say the Denon doesn not supply enough power for good base or clarity. So could all of you with any input at all, lead me in the correct direction....economically as possible...of course? Will the Denon get the job done or will I need an amp? I usually like the music a little louder and the room is not acoustically wonderful, it is an open livingroom / dining / kitchen area, about equal to approx. 1400 Sq. ft.

I think for the short term you will be fine.

(Maybe even longer term).

The RF 83s are pretty efficient; and that receiver puts out 110wpc (Realistically 60 wpc)......

After you get the whole 7.1 going; look to seperate amps; etc......

Welcome to the Forum!

Good Luck.