Questions about Promedia 4.2

Sintek

I just bought another Promedia 2.1 set and had some questions.

Everything is set up correctly and I get surround from the rear speakers. The problem is that the sub for the rear speakers is basically never used since that set is only getting the separate surround audio. Is there some way to either share the front audio with it without having to make it basically 4 channel stereo? I have tried that already, setting two outputs on my soundcard to front audio and it sounds terrible. The semi-surround quadraphonic sounds much nicer, except only the front sub is being used.

edit: Sorry, didn't see the edit button or I wouldn't have made another post. Could have sworn you couldn't edit posts the last time I was here.

Also, has quality gone down on these? My old set, which I bought direct from Klipsch, has a much heavier sub (at least 2 pounds) than this newest set which I bought at Best Buy (I know, I hate BB too but I couldn't pass up a $129 sale.) There's also no power switch on the new sub and the control pod knobs somehow feel more delicate.

I have to admit though that the new satellites sound better. I don't know what they did to the crossover but they sound, I don't know, bolder and warmer somehow than my old broken-in sats.

i think the newer promedia 2.1 uses SMPS instead of conventional EL transformer. that should slash some weight off. some ppl claims that their older pm2.1 sounds better than the newer one (no switch, new logo) though.

have you tried connecting the extra speakers as rear speakers in the soundcard setting? then just 'clone' the front signal to rear so when playing music the 4 speakers sounds. and of course when playing games / movies with surround sound, you will not sacrifice the surround sound effect.