Faital Pro HF200 with B Crites 2way Cornscala

Has anyone built or listened to that setup. I've been trying to get a project off the ground for the summer and I'm thinking of a 2-way LaScala build using Dave's Fastlane Eliptrac 400 mated to the Faital Pro and then doing a 40 hz mod to the bins. Trying to find out how a 2way sounds , or do I stick with the traditional setup? I'm all ears(apparently)

Paul I have not listened to this combo so I can't comment. However you could check around your area to see if there is a forum member with a set of CF-3 or CF-4 Klipsch. These are three driver two way designs with dual woofers and a mid/hi horn. Crossover is around 800 Hz so higher than what you are thinking about but easily capable of telling you what a good two way sounds like. Smaller than a La Scalla and with all the bass you could ever want that a La Scalla could never produce. See if you can find a pair. Roy Delgado designed these and I was told he still runs a pair of CF-4 at home, that's worth considering. You have the amp to run them. From what I understand they come to life at 40 watts and start getting danderous at 100 watts and can reproduce a concert in your living room. They will cost you a lot less than the La Scalla plus serious upgrades and you could afford to upgrade the networks. There are also possible horn driver upgrades. See if you can check a pair out you may find a piece of Nirvana at foreclosure prices. Hope this is of interest. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/cf-3-specifications/

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/cf-4-specifications/

Guest David H

I'm thinking of a 2-way LaScala build using Dave's Fastlane Eliptrac 400 mated to the Faital Pro and then doing a 40 hz mod to the bins. Trying to find out how a 2way sounds

I am wanting to hear that combination as well. I just finished installing the same setup in Justins Cornscala's, and have been working on a pair myself.

I am curretly up in the air whether I prefer 2-way, or 3way. Justin just ordered the ALK crossovers with an a/b switch to switch from 2-way to 3 way with a single toggle. I plan on driving down to LA to for that demonstration.

Here http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/148117.aspx

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Guest David H

The speakers are not done yet, Justin decided to build all new cabs rather than mod the ones he already has. I imagine it will be several more weeks, but I will add pics as the project progresses.

Dave