What Amp/reciever should I get for a Synergy 6 speaker system?

Rocknon

I am thinking about getting the Synergy 6 System as the speakers for my home theater. I am very new to all this sound system stuff and was wondering if that is a good value as a DVD/movie home speaker system. Also I was wondering what Amp/reciver I should get to go with the Synergy 6 if I decide on those speakers.

~Rocknon~

*thanks any guru's for any aid they can offer*

Rockon,

Hey what ever you decide, do yourself a favor. Shop around obviously for the best price. Don't be afraid to walk out of the store. But most of all, if you want to save as much money as you can, do like I did( of course results will vary), but I got a quote for a system Klipsch R3-II series at Sound Distributors . I printed it off, took it to the a local authorized dealer. I said, look, I want to save you any myself time, I am looking for a klipsch system with these speakers, I have money to spend and I am going to buy today either here or some place else. Who ever is going to give me the best deal. We talked for few minutes then I showed him my quote, he was less than thrilled. He wanted to sell me the same system I had printed off, but with a much less sub. I think the KSW10. I said NO! I want the RSW12, I was firm with him. Bottom line is, I got them down $800.00 from what they would have sold thier display system with a RSW12. I almost got that sub at 1/2 price. Also, my Harmon Kardon, I priced it at the same internet shop I think. Anyway, I called the local dealer asked if they had what I wanted, he said yes, I told him what I had seen it on the internet for and for some strange reason they matched that price. I paid $640 for it. Harman Kardon has an MSRP of $999.

So, my advice to you is, shop on the internet, buy in an authorized dealer store, insist on the price you seen on the internet and make sure they understand you have no problems buying it off the internet, rather you want to or not. They don't need to know.

I saved a lot of money on my purchase. I had to. My wife was no to keen on the whole thing. I had to shop fast and save as much money as I could before she changed her mind.cwm27.gif

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 04-25-2002 at 01:29 AM

yeah I was kinda thinking the Synergy 6 would be ok to get me started. if I spend $999 on the 2 fronts 2 surrounds, a center, and a sub then all I would need to buy is an amp/reciever. I am thinking of spending around $1000 for the amp/reciever. I do however have a couple doubts about the Synergy 6 system... Do those 2 fronts that come in set compare to Reference series fronts (like the RF-3 II)? alot of folks have been suggesting I buy those. Also mOOn seems to think the RSW 12 kicks some KSW 10 butt. Would that FSW 10 be a weak sub for a 12' by 12' HT room or would it suffice?

~Rocknon~ *the picky newbie*

PS:again thanks all of you for sharing your Sound-Lore with the a virgin to home theater sound.

WOW Sound Distributors has some nice prices! they got the Senergy 6 system for $699. And the complete Klipsch Reference SystemII with a RSW12 for $1549. Thanks for the link mOOn. I think I may end up going with the Ref for $1549 if I can talk the wifey into it. Do you think these prices will drop much in the next 6 months? I might have to wait untill we buy a couch for our new house before I get the uber sound Wink.gif

~Rocknon~

Well, I can't even guess what prices will drop. Nor can I really Really REALLY comment about the KSW vs RSW. I went on blind faith that it was going to be a better sub. And I can tell you, I am NOT in the slightest dissapointed. Well actually I kinda am in one regards. For my room, the fact I have a wife and two little kids, I can't turn it up too loud very often. When I did have the chance once, not only did I hear it, but felt it very nicely vibrating the floor. Hmmm, I still want some transducers....

Me personally, I am one of those idiots that think, more is better also more expensive must mean better, which is why I got the best speakers I could squeeze out of my wife.

For me, this is my starter system. I will replace and upgrade as the wife and pocketbook will allow. cwm27.gif

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 04-25-2002 at 12:44 PM

I have a set of the Synergy System 6's except I went w/ the KSW-12 sub (BTW, worth the upgrade). I have mine paired w/ a Denon 1802 Receiver. The MSRP on it is like $499. It puts out 80 watts per channel and supports DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II. They also have a 1602 available with a MSRP of $399 that has a little less power (70 watts per channel) and fewer connects on the back. If you're lookin' for a value receiver, you can't go wrong with these... The Denon brand is a little more expensive than the likes of Sony, Pioneer, etc., but, IMHO, it's worth it.

------------------

Chris Pittman

Webmaster

Chris@pcSCOOP.com

http://www.pcSCOOP.com