Audio Show This Weekend June 3-5 2011

russ69

I went on Friday. A good show. Lots of vinyl being played. No Klipsch products, that I saw, but Zu Audio was running a demo with a little SET amp and vinyl. They were demoing the Soul Superfly (a two way tower), I think. It's hard to get a accurate feel for something in these demos but they didn't sound that great. I was expecting more because there is lots of support for these on Audiogon. Anyway, lots of stuff to see. I had not been to an audio show since the 70s, but not much has changed with the exception of digital music sources.

On the far side of high cost stuff the MBL demo was pretty good, somewhere near 150,000 buck set-up, Sounded pretty good, as it should......

Guest David H

I went on Friday

Nice, I was considering taking a run down there tomorrow, but on more than one occassion I went to a show on the last day, and many of the vendors wer packing up, and very little to see.

Dave

One more thought. I was in a lot of demo rooms but I kept thinking, you know a nice pair of Heresys would sound way better than the speakers being played. It's amazing how good the little Heresys are and they are a lot more room friendly than even a mini-monitor on a stand. I'm sure if WAF was an important factor the Heresys would rule the world. I think Klipsch is missing an opportunity, a Heresy setup, some vinyl and a small tube amp, they could really change a lot of people's opinions about Klipsch (untapped market).

Guest David H

I took the trek to the show today, I thought it was alot of fun. Some systems were good and others excellent, but the headphones were phenominal.

A few of the demo's were low $$$ ad sounded quite good, for instance the Zu Audio.

Dave