fine tuning my system,, help

Hello all, I am new to the forum, was playing around the setting of my receiver trying to get the most of it. Not to savy with the knowledge of the frequency thing and could use some help. I have a Yamaha RX-V1900 receiver, 2 RF-35 front speakers, 2 RS-35 surrounds, 1 RW-12d sub woofer,1 RC-35 center and 1 RS-10 rear speaker. I have the front main speakers set to large, every thing else to small, crossover set to 80hz, if you have any suggestions of fine tuning, i would appreciate the info, thanks

You have a powered subwoofer...so try setting all of your speakers to small, leaving the crossver point where it is, and see how you like that sound for home theater use. Number 1 tweak with a subwoofer is, just like real estate, location, location, location. Enough cable permitting of course, try placing the sub as close to the listening position as possible, Play a 40-80Hz warble test tone (Google Binks) then crawl around to all the places in the room that you think you can get away with locating the sub, and listen for where the warble sounds the smoothest. That's just a few tweaks, involves no money, and could lead to better sound.

Thanks for the quick reply, i got the warble test last night, i'll play around with that this weekend. On the back of the amp, there is a phase nob and a lowpass nob, where should those be? Also I havent put a Y splitter on yet, just a single plug for the LFE, Will I notice a difference putting the Y splitter on? Sorry for all the questions, Thanks again