Klipsch image S4i-white Genuine / Fake Review

fastfalconetti

This is wonderful! thanks a lot for posting this.

Can I be a pest and ask if you might post an image of the metal cases with a ruler, or a dime, or something that one could actually measure the case please?

That would allow people to quantitatively ascertain if their buds are counterfeit.

OR, do you have a better suggestion as to determining, without a doubt, if they are authentic? Plugging them into your ears won't work, because your brain will play tricks on you.

Thank you again for this posting, it is a big help to a lot of people.

Hello. Pleasure for me. I measured for you. Link is below;

Real;

http://i.imgur.com/UKlKg.jpg

Fake;

http://i.imgur.com/g5FrC.jpg

So, this way (measure) not easy for people. But i want give to you real dimensions. Please let me know any questions. Also, the real one is shining. Attention to the klipsch logo. compare under the "h" letter. I shared first review.

Best Regards.

Hol-lee-ka-moly !!

I think I got lucky and asked the right person the right
question. Thanks so much for that! I had no idea that you'd have access to a
100,000 dollar scientific instrument, expert macro and Photoshop skills, and
the time to help others. Thank you so much.

I think you've out-Klipsch'ed Klipsch. To tell you the
truth, I have been mildly disappointed in their responses, "You shouldn't have
bought them there", "Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're working on it", or
"Well…, they've been doing it for years". None of which has proven to
be all that useful, at least to me. I like to think that if someone were
writing my name on things without my permission, I'd handle it somewhat more aggressively.

But then, I’m probably not being fair. I was just so very
excited about ordering these, only to have my heart ripped-out by learning that
they will probably not be authentic. Life is just an emotional roller coaster.
Dang.

Thanks again for all your superb help on this, it’s really
appreciated.

Hello Dear Dallas_TX;

I'm very happy you like it. My pleasure help to others. I had a mistake. I bought a lot of klipsch products from ebay.So, i have to warn the others. Everydays sale a lot of fake products via ebay. This is not good.I'll continue to help people.

Dear TobyC;

I don't have a real klipsch s4i black one. But you can understand fake product easily. The "klipsch" article on the earbuds fading easily if you can pass with finger on the word. the real one very strong. You can't delete easily.

http://i.imgur.com/vYGN9.jpg

fastfalconetti Do you have the fake black s4i?
Did a clip come with it?

The "Klipsch" word on mine is not rubbing off, but I
would still like some visual confirmations. I don’t know if mine had the
security strip that you showed in your picture, I disposed of the inner
packaging.

Hoping someone can provide some visual differences with the
black s4i earphones, box, and/or accessories.

Yogi said "You don't know what you don't know".

Well, I didn't know these earbuds are as counterfeited as openly as they apparently are. Unaware of my ignorance, I ordered them, and was reading about them on the internet only to discover the frequency of fakes. So, I asked you how to determine the validity of the earbuds once they arrive.

Well, they arrived yesterday. Below is a picture of the case, which fit the criteria you'd listed as a sign of non-authenticity. I contacted the ebay seller who did not refute the counterfeit claim but immediately offered a refund. In fact, she offered the refund far too easily, I guess the very last thing the eBay sellers want is for someone to give feedback as "FAKE EARBUDS", as that would put a damper on sales quickly.

I own a pair of Klipsch Custom-2 earbuds and expected the s4's to be in about the same caliber as the Custom-2's. These were far, far from it. So, I don't know anything for sure at this point, except I want my money back.

There was no strip in the box. There was three sets of spare ear sleeves, a cleaning tool, NO clip, and the cord was wound up like Ray Charles did it. Oh, the case was magnetic, someone mentioned that as an indicator, but I don’t' know.

Klipsch-ebay_0035.jpgKlipsch-ebay_0035.jpg

Klipsch-ebay_0035.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I recently bought the S4 online and, after reading a few threads here, was concerned that I might have a fake. So I bought a pair from an authorized dealer, and there was a difference in sound quality. I didn't realize that counterfeit headphones even existed before buying these -- the seller had good reviews, and there were buyers saying that headphones sounded great, so I thought it was pretty safe. Oh well, at least I got a refund, haha...

Anyway, I'm not sure if this thread is the right place to do this, but I thought I'd post the visual differences I noticed:

The "Klipsch" logo on the headphones did not rub off on either the fake or real ones.

There were 4 total pairs of tips included with the fake, 3 pairs on the real one; the fake came with a cleaning tool, the real one didn't. The cord was wound up well on both pairs of headphones. However, I doubt those differences are conclusive.

Both came in a blue box. The text saying "IMAGE" going sideways down the box was closer to the box's color on the fake box, but more easily visible on the real box.

The logo on the carrying case of the fake/genuine matched the pictures posted by the original poster (the lining up with the "h" in Klipsch). Also, the fake case had a sharp glare, whereas the genuine case's glare was a bit softer. The imprinted letters in "Klipsch" on the fake cut straight down, but on the real case, they went down more smoothly and diagonally.

On the "Klipsch" text on the headphones, the dot on the "i" was really thin on the fake, but slightly thicker on the real one. (It's thin on both of them, but it was really thin on the fake one.)

The wider axis of the tips were attached perpendicular to the cord on the fake headphones, but parallel to the cord on the real ones. I don't think this means anything though, it's easy enough to just spin them around.

The sound quality on the fake ones wasn't really that bad, but I definitely wasn't very impressed. I'm no expert, but here's my attempt at describing how the fake ones sounded: I would say that vocals sounded quiet and muffled -- if I turned the volume up, they'd get noisier instead of louder, if that makes sense. The bass was distant and unsatisfying, and didn't have much of a "kick." Complex sections of a song would sound somewhat mushed together.

Hopefully that helps someone. :)

• Moderators

I think you've out-Klipsch'ed Klipsch. To tell you the
truth, I have been mildly disappointed in their responses, "You shouldn't have
bought them there", "Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're working on it"...

We are actually quite aggressive in these situations, which is all the more reason we don't say much online. We do not want the counterfeiters getting any better at what they do by reading our own posts!

Please contact us directly for further help. Of course, we cannot warranty any product purchased from an unauthorized dealer, but we can help identify them.