DSP 104 / PDC Board - Common Problems

ounvme

I've been workin on trying to fix a couple of out of warranty subs and running into the same problem over and over. My RW-10 fried and I have a Sub-12 with the same problem. The IRF740 fets were blown on both. While trying to figure out what is the cause of this one thing I notice is that both have a blown diode on the PDC board and both have failed DSP 104's. Unfortunatley I can't find any info on these components.

Can a tech or anyone specify what the DSP 104 is and the proper direction and type of the diode on the PDC board. The silk screen is double marked. I am gonna throw out a theory that the DSP 104 is failing first and causing the fets to blow. It could be the other way around but either way they both need to be replaced. Any input is appreciated. Have a look at the picture.

The blown diode is in the upper right corner and is all black. One of the diodes was removed to inspect the damage to the board.

Posted Image

After some research the what I thought to be a burnt diode is actually a DIAC an AC diode. Essencially 2 diodes in reversed polarity. I am going to look under a microscope to see if it has any markings as to the value.

It has also been confirmed that the DSP 104 is a NTC Current Limiting Inrush Thermistor 10ohms 4A