Marantz AV7005

UFObuster

Spent some time pondering what to replace my Rotel RSP-1068 with. Various other audio sites were not tripping over themselves over the

Rotel 1570. So, I took a hard look at the AV7005. Snap decision...bought it. Allowed me to take advantage of the Oppo BD-93 and room

correction. This Audyssey correction of the 7005 cannot be over-hyped. The complete multi-tasking of the processor is so far ahead of

my old 1068. I use original RF-7 front, RC-7 center, RF-5 surround, and an old RC-35 center back. The 7005's room correction took all of

the "bite" out of the RF-7 (uncorreccted crossover vs new model) vs the Rotel which in retrospect was bright. It sounds like I traded speakers!!!

Maybe the Rotel 1570 with room correction might be as good. The price diff is obvious. Sound stage, separation, detail, all excellent.

I still use my Rotel amps. An RB1080 exclusively for the RF-7 and an RMB 1075 for all the rest.

I'm using Oppos's analog out puts for CD and it's just outstanding....sitting here with Dave Brubeck on.

Marantz = A+ Wish I'd moved sooner.