How to replace grille cloth on Forte IIs

denti

Subject line says it all. I searched the forums here and found some info on getting the EXACT same fabric. I'm looking for the cheapest, closest match. It doesn't need to be exact, but it should look nice and not interfere in the sound.

Then: how do I remove what's on there and re-attach the new stuff? Detailed help would be appreciated.

Thanks, but "some black fabric" is not very helpful. Any black fabric?

The glue I show in that thread is the secret to easy recovering.

The fabric is not super hard to find......

I used what I could find at the local fabric store.

It is black and has mostly nylon fibers.

The authentic stuff is really good from Crites; but pricier.

I talked to Bob Crites todY, and he said I definitely should NOT use just any fabric from a store, but that it had to be fabric designed for use with speakers, otherwise there would be noticeable acoustical interference. So I just ordered the fabric from him.

Note: he said the Forte speakers are not part of the Heritage line (news to me), and that the fabric he sells is suited for that line, though he said it would probably also work for m y Fortes.

I talked to Bob Crites todY, and he said I definitely should NOT use just any fabric from a store, but that it had to be fabric designed for use with speakers, otherwise there would be noticeable acoustical interference. So I just ordered the fabric from him. Note: he said the Forte speakers are not part of the Heritage line (news to me), and that the fabric he sells is suited for that line, though he said it would probably also work for m y Fortes.

I agree.

I never said use just any kind of fabric.

When I went shopping for this; I brought the old fabric with me. I chose a very similar fabric.

(Which also worked for KG 3s that I also recovered).

If you are feeling particularly unsure about this; search Google online for "speaker fabric". Buy from there; or search Ebay.

I paid $3.00 so if the fabric changed the sound or did not work for some reason; it was only $3.00, not $30.

I was trying to give the best economical choice as well as Bob's stuff as a recommendation......

Anyway; as I said; the gluing is the hardest part (or in my case was really easy; because I knew which glue to use).

You are welcome for that information....... [:|]