Looking for sub for RB-51 II / RC 52 II / RB-41 II, 5.1 HT setup

cbope

Sorry this is a duplicate post, I mistakenly posted this under home theater. I figured it would get more attention in the proper section [;)]

I'm looking for a decent quality sub for my new 5.1 HT speaker setup mentioned in the subject. It needs to be equally good for music and movies. I have a decent Sony DA2400ES AVR to drive everything, and sources are sat TV, DVD, Blu-ray, CD and FLAC lossless music from my home jukebox. My local selection of brands is a bit more limited as I live in Finland. At the moment I have narrowed my choice down to an SVS SB12-NSD. I have heard SVS are pretty reputable for their subs and the price just squeezes into my budget range (~700 euros).

I'm pretty confident this sub will be great for LFE in movies, but my main concern is music. Is it a good sub for music?

I've also looked at the Epik Legend and the price is right (cheaper than SVS) but the size is a bit too big. The SVS is considerably smaller.

Any other recommendations are welcome.

My Emotiva Ultra 12 was $359 on sale.

This is a very good sub for that money. (Review below)

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/subwoofers/ultra-12/ultra-intro

The Epik is also a really good sub.

Consider SVS, Hsu, Velodyne, Emotiva, Epik, Elemental Designs; there are others I forgot to mention.

They all have great offerings; and are all safe bets to give good bang for buck. (Some more than others).

Good Luck.