Copper Veneer - Comments, Experiences?

Gregg357

Floating around veneer sites recently. Anyone have experience with the copper veneer from Veneersupplies.com? They look nice. Just curious how they work when blending edges, top to side for example. Can edges be sanded/smoothed? Seems the merge might yield a potentially sharp cutting edge. Thinking of buying a large sheet and "folding" it around from bottom left side to top and then back down to bottom right side. Comments? Experiences?

Never used copper veneer, but I have worked with thin copper sheet in other applications. Copper can be sanded, filed and polished to whatever finish you want. Yes, you will have sharp edges where they come together. A fine file properly applied will fix that in short order. Wrapping copper veneer around a cabinet should be no more problematic that doing so with paper backed veneer.

Thanks Malcolm. I figured a wrap would allow for crisp smooth top edges. The patinated copper on the website would look better wrapped than cut and blended/sanded and I don't think they would take the sanding well. Problem is it introduces alot of scrap material.