Klipsch Promedia 2.1 wont turn on - No green light

boon4376

I'm not getting any life signs from my klipsch promedia 2.1 system.

A while back my dog slammed into my subwoofer and destroyed the DIN connector thing, however I bought a new control pod with wire and that fixed that.

Now I've been unplugging my surge protector for my computer/ speakers / monitor to save energy when all this stuff isnt in use. When I got back from vacation, I plugged it back in, but there was no activity from my speakers. No green light, no pop, nothing.

I've opened up and taken off the back plate trying to find something blown, but nothing. I read about people finding fried this or that, stuff that looks burnt, stuff that crumbles. I have had no such luck. It does smell a bit burnt, however I cannot locate a source of failure.

My fuse in the back appears to be intact. There are a couple tiny balls of solder that roll around inside, could that indicate that it is blown? Maybe I will buy a new one of those. Other than that, I cannot seem to locate a point of failure. Anything in particular I should be looking for?

I have had these speakers for about 4 years. I have never really rocked them hard, usually just youtube, the windows beep noises, etc. Havnt used them much for music compared to most people, I am sure. Never blasted them very loud.

I bought them on sale for $99.00 so I am unwilling to invest $75.00 to have them repaired as I just spend $25 on the new control pod. I would really just wish there was a $5.00 fix a DIY'er like me could easily find and replace something stupid.