Help!

Miki

G`day everybody!

My name is Miki, from Australia. I need sum help.

My plan is to make a KLIPSCHORN but not sure of a couple thinks.

My room is about 25sqm, plasterboard construction .

Q1: Is the light plasterboard will load properly the K-horn? Is the room too small for K-horns?

I think of using the Eminence 15" woofer from Madisound <151311 $79>

Q2: Is it wise not to use the K-33? The " only " difference is in the Xmax. Where to by the original K-33 ?

Q3: For the mid and high frq. I want to make tractrix horns, or the exponential is just fine?

Q4: Right now I have a Yamaha A/V receiver. Do I have to plan a new amp ?

Q5: Way I am not able to find any literature regard of lab testing of the Klipsch speakers? I would like to study,

compare to other conventional speakers the plots.

This is a lot of question, I thank anybody for helping.

In the past I build a small monitor using the SEAS coax driver with the Adire audio Shiva sub. The main problem

is the missing dynamics and no " punch" plenty of rumble. A friend introduced me to the world of horns, and convinced me this is the only way to do justice to music, not with the "puny" little 2 way....

/Sorry about a less than perfect English, I am learning..../

Miklos Szabo

msz@hills.com.au

Miki,

I think with your size of room it would be more wise to build a pair of La Scala if you absolutely want to build them by yourself; you could also pick up a pair for a lot less money than klipschorns ( i bought my scalas for 250$, so everything happens). Scalas don't go as low in the bass than k-horns but are much more flexible with room placement; IMHO I think they image better, the more so when placed parrallel against rear wall.

Lot's of people say tractrix horns sound better than exponential; original k-horns and scalas use exponential and while it is true that midrange quality isn't their strongest point, I think they sound...pretty good!

Why use an eminence woofer? The K33 (made by Eminence) is cheap (100$ a piece), and is made for the duty. You'll find a pair via your nearest klipsch retailer or directly via the distributer.

Last, huh... be careful with the amp you choose. Big horns can sound AWFUL with the wrong amp. Same goes for Cd players, cables....

have fun!

Thanks for helping.

If I build the La Scala is it easy

to integrate with the subwoofer?

The reason I picked the K-horn because the small-is

room . This option is easier to sell to the boss ....

Regard of the amp: I have a Musical F. A1 class A

amp, I have to repair it < I got it cheap, blown in[bR>the hot weather].

What component Klipsch sale, I not seen any reference

on the web side for drivers for sale?

Is the new tractrix highs is available for the DIY-ers?

Thanks for any help!

Miki.