s5i durability?

tv101

Hi,

I've purchased the s4i's a few months ago and the right side has already died. This happens eventually to all of them. I've owned 3 other earphones that were over $100 in the past and they all eventually died like this, but usually after at least an entire year of use and not after 3 months. I like the sound of the s4i's and would like to give Klipsch more of a chance so i'm thinking about upgrading to the s5's. The rugged design seems like it would last longer, has anyone had any experience with the s5's? Does anyone know if the s5's can take a lot of abuse?

I don't know about abuse, but the S5i is certainly more rugged than the S4i. The wire is a bit heavier and the Apple control is a lot bigger. The buds themselves have a rubbery coating possibly making it easier to remove from your ears by not pulling on the wire).

As far as sound, I'd like to say they are the same, but I actually prefer the S5i sound. Maybe I just get a better fit. What I really like about the S5i is the water resistance over the S4i. I use mine in my indoor cylcing sessions in the winter where I sweat a lot and I'm hoping the S5i will resist this.

By the way, my S4i buds are well over a year old and neither side has failed. Maybe I am just more gentle than some when I remove and store them.

(the Apple control on the S4i failed due to sweat, but I was able to disassemble & repair it.)

Thanks for the response. I don't abuse the earphones by any means, i use them to go to work and sometimes when i go running but other than that nothing out of the ordinary from my other earphones that i've owned in the past. These just didn't last nearly as long as the other brands i've used before under the same conditions so i was just wondering if the s5's would last more than a few months.