What year are my LSIs?

jwhipp

Ive had these awhile, inherited them from the local church years ago. Ive always thought they sounded amazing and I never knew until recently how respected these beauties are! Here is a picture of one of the serial numbers, can anyone here enlighten me on what I have? it would be much appreciated.

mrdctc.jpg

the industrial line does not fall under the normal serial number decode system. your going to have to compare the driver models to driver production runs. some of the first industirals had k-55-v mid drivers, alinco magnet tweeters, k-33 woofers, AA xovers, with a metal k-400 horn. Later, they went with stamp frame k-43 woofers becuase the k-33's were blowing out, k-55-M drivers, and ceramic tweets with AL xovers. The TLSI had a composite k-401 horn and a cast k-43 woofer.

based on the connection plates you have.....the componets should be AA crossovers, Alinco tweeters, K-55-V mid driver, k-400 metal horn, and k-33 woofer. Good possibility the k-33 was replaced with a k-43.

Theres a 6" by 23" access panel surrounding the speaker connection plate that comes off by removing screws. To see the woofer, you need to flip over the cabinet and remove a bottom access panel.