What do you think?

Bryan_G

Hello

I am thinking about buying a set of klipsch speakers. I already have a velodyne ct120 sub, and will aslo purchase a denon 1802(5.1 ch.). I am thinking about two options.

Option 1

ss-1 surrounds

scw-3 in-wall fronts

sc1 center

Option 2

rs-3 surrounds

rcw-5 in-wall fronts

rc-3 center

I can't have any speakers on the floor so no stands or towers. They all must be mounted on the wall or ceiling. I attached a plan of the room I hope it is clear enough. I would like advice on speaker placement. I would also like to know how well you guys think either option would sound in this room, and maybe other speaker suggestions.

Thanks

-Bryan

My vote is for #2

A friend of mine is using those same speakers in a room that is similar to yours. The only exception is that he has a Paradigm PS1000 sub. His system rocks! I don't think that you would be disappointed. Try and listen before you buy though!!

Keep us posted on what you end up buying.

Yah, I plan on listening before I buy, but I have to go out of town to listen. I am trying to figure out what to look for when I go. How did he have his speakers positioned? Do you think the surrounds would sound good on the sloped ceiling? Thanks for the reply.

-Bryan

This message has been edited by Bryan_G on 05-08-2002 at 01:16 PM

My friend has the RCW-5's on either side of his TV at about ear level, when sitting on the couch. His right-rear RS-3 is mounted on a side wall about 6 1/2 feet off of the ground. The left-rear RS-3 is mounted on a small rear wall (which you don't have). Is that a bay window around your couch? If so, (i.e. no place to mount a RS-3) you may want to think about replacing the RS-3's with 2 more RCW-5's in the ceiling above your chairs. Just a thought!

ROCK ON!