Synergy 10- connected to a YAMAHA rx-v665

johnwayne

Hello!

Just a quick question here. i hooked my synergy sub to the pre-out labeled sub-1 and used a Y connector at the Sub. Q1: is there a right or left channel within the y connector as it is not marked. Q2: I cant seem to get all the low freq. sounds out of my other speakers. and at higher volumes, they slightly buzz from not being able to handle that range. Q3: what is the preferred method of connection? LFE or the Y connector? Thanks for your time!

Hello, welcome to the forum. How do you have the sub hooked up? Is it a 2 channel system with large towers or a home theater system? Are the the speakers set to small and what is the crossover set at? Give us a little more info and you will have our sub setup in no time.[:P]

l

If your speaker are full range, set the X-over to 60:; if you are using a HT, set the speakers to small, Turn the sub X-over as high as it will go. Run any autocalibration program. Your connection with the Y splitter should be fine. Connecting a Y splitter to the sub's L/R input increases the sub's output by around 3 db. Your LFE should be turned on. Many people like their sub's controlling the LFE/bass so the amp has more power for the midrange and highs. Also, try your sub in several locations and check your connections and wire to make sure they are all connected well. You can try a second sub RCA cable to see if that will get rid of the buzz. Don't turn the gain up over 60% or the two O'clock position. Other will chime in and help you fine tune your system. Good Luck!