Image S4 electrocuted? Lost it's bass (or life)

treetop

So on the second day of prolonged use I noticed the bass went out.

While at work, I went to take a crap with my headphones still in.. and as I pulled my pants down the wire touched my leg, producing a shock felt there and at my ears. I guess my leg hair had static (the hairs were standing up) from contact with my pants (not sure what material, but can check). I compared the sound with a pair of 2 year old headphones and there was no competition. The Klipsch had lost so much bass and warmth. I've googled the problem and some forum users mentioned having to burn it in for up to 150 hours. I just don't see it burning back into it's previous state.

What do you guys think I should do? I got it from a licensed dealer with a 3-day return policy. It's the fifth day but supposedly I've got the 2-year Klipsch warranty. I'll be contacting Klipsch about it.

You might keep the more... ahem, intimate details to yourself haha. I can't imagine a 3-day return policy. If it is an authorized dealer, you have the Klipsch warranty. Burning in is a questionable practice, especially for these headphones. They should sound great right out of the box. If you think they are defective, call Klipsch and work through their warranty.