B3 vs KS14

markvent

Hi my present setup consists of Quintet IV Center, Front R & L, with MTX 1010 powered subwoofer and Onyko SR706 AV receiver.

I am expanding to 5.1 setup and ask anyone's recommendation on what would match best as add on for rear speakers to my present setup .

Either a pair of Synergy B3 or KS14 ?

A quick reply is greatly appreciated as I must make a decision by tomorrow latest due to ebay deadline.

Thx a lot

Bookself and the wide dispersion speakers will work. Depending on your room layout and future plans, let that guide your choice. I have wide dispersion speakers high up on the wall and use bookshelf speakers as rears. Determine the footprint you want your system to have. I like room asthetics in conjunction with my sound system, so a smaller footprint works for me. With the Qintet's, you are not looking for speakers to handle a wide frequency range and your sub will be an intergral part of your system.

The KS 14's are widedispersion speakers. They send out sound in a 180 degree arc. Bookshelf speaker are direct radiating, the sound travel right at the listener. The KB 15 is a bookshelf speaker sold at BB. See which one you can get a better deal on. Where are you going to put them? Will you need speaker stands or is wall mounting an options? The KB 15 has slightly more power and a larger frequency range.