Are my Klipsch image S4 counterfeits?

clifford2704

Sorry not sure why paragraphing is still not working :(

Hi, I bought my Klipsch image s4 for about $98 like 3-4 months ago, immediately i compared them to my Phillips music with colours earphones which were $20, they sounded almost identical and phillips kind of sounded better and I started doubting them and thinking these were counterfeits. I emailed the seller and they said they bought it from an authorised dealer (wasn't very sure if it was true). Also left earphone was wayyy louder than my right one.

I bought the earphones from: http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Black-In-Ear-Headphones

The company that addicted to audio gave me as their distributor was "POWERMOVE DISTRIBUTION PTY LTD" and that company is listed in Klipsch's list of dealers for Australia.

I'm not really an audiophile but I like music that I listen to, to sound good. The reviews on like youtube and cnet say it's like soooo good and things like best under $100 earphones but mine aren't sounding like that. The logo started fading after about 2 weeks (not completely). Comparing them to my Phillips earphones now I feel that Klipsch has a lot more bass and is slightly clearer. When I compare my Klipsch earphones to my fake beats by dr dre (like $10) they almost sound the same, this shouldn't be the case right? cause they're fakes.

Also my plug at the end was straight, many of the reviews I saw on youtube had L shape plugs.

Do I have counterfeits?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting.. I just started wondering if my $300 Custom 3's are fake. I just compared them to a pair of $30 sony earbuds and the sonys sound alot better!!

I expect the Klipsch to have more of a "Klipsch" sound, but its bad compared to the Sonys.

But are there really fakes out there? I mean who can make fakes with the same cases and with decent quality? My custom 3's appear and feel genuine. I just wonder if they simply suck. I love Klipsch products as much as anybody but I wonder if some of us Klipsch people are so biased towards them that we think they all sound better than other products.

However, they've all had great reviews. Hmm