Denon 3311 receiver networking problems

vigiano

I bought a complete new stereo last year. A Denon 3311 receiver, a set of RF82, RC62, RS52 and RW12d sub. I added an emotiva xpa 200 watt, 3 channel amp for the front. I spent several years ripping over 1000 cd's onto my computer and was all set to stream them to the receiver. I have had problems with the networking capabilities. The receiver will go into a "connecting connecting" sign on the receiver and never connects. I called Denon in February and they told me it was my network. At the time I called att uverse and spent a lot of time with them on tech support and never solved the problem I decided to use the playstation 3 to network the music to the stereo and it works real well, However I wanted to solve the problem with the Denon receiver. Last month I called Denon again and this technician suggested I try the usb port and reboot the network card. I did all of these things and not only didn't the networking work neither did the usb or ipod connectivity. I took the receiver into an authorized repair shop as the Denon technician suggested. I got it back last Friday after waiting 3 weeks. I set it up Saturday morning and it worked the radio stations the music and the ipod. Then Monday after work I turned it on and the whole thing started all over. The technician said they replaced the mother board which by the way he said cost $600. I called up the repair shop and he said to bring it in again and he would look at it and probably try another motherboard. We discussed this and I asked him what is the likelyhood that 2 consecutive mother boards would have the same exact problem. He said he never saw a denon with a networking problem. I called denon and they indeed told me I have to take it back to the repair shop, probably replace the motherboard and if that doesn't work call back. I havn't had the stereo work since february and it is now December 7th, I just took the receiver in for 3 weeks and am about to go thru the same hassel again (50 mile round trip). Any suggestions on how to handle this if the 3rd motherboard does the same thing. All I want to do is kick back and turn the stereo up when I come home from work.

If the motherboard replacement corrects the problem, then it probably is a hardware problem (although the possibility exists that the new motherboard is still fine, and it downloaded an update that "broke" it).

But, I'd lean towards hardware as the techs suggest.

Sounds like you've been thru the ringer already - I'd call, write and email numerous people at Denon show them the link to the new webpage I just built describing all my problems with the unit in horrifying detail. I would ask for either a new unit of equal capability or my money back. They will give you a new one I bet.

The other thing I'm thinking is that, here is Iowa, we do have a lemon law that doesn't just apply to vehicles. If a manufacturer tried 3 times to fix a major problem, and fails - you get a new one.

Sorry, did try to help on the technical side - I don't think there's much you can do there.

I spoke to my repair shop today and he informed me I needed to supply a box to ship back my receiver to Denon in New Jersey. Evidently I have to buy a box for him to ship it back. Denon has decided to look at the stereo in person. I also have a request to have the matter elevated as this is technically the third time my receiver has failed since purchasing last october. Any one have a suggestion of what to do. I hope they get it right this time.

I spoke to a denon supervisor today. He was very helpful and I am getting a refurbished unit sent to me as soon as they receive my unit. He assured me the problem I was having was not common. The bad news is I have to wait up to ten more working days without my receiver. I first took the receiver to the repair shop in the begining of november and won't get it back til the after new years. I'm learning patience.