Wb-14 tuning question.

anthonygalati

I just got the WB-14's from the newegg special and I have them hooked up to a SONY STR-DH520 via HDMI from my video card on my pc.They sound amazing but when I get to volume 55 (max is 70) when listening to music with low bass it seems to have some distortion on the very low bass.Is there any way I can tune the receiver to fix this? Also I am using these for my front speakers at the moment since they are the only ones I have.I was thinking of getting another set to use as the rears and use the wc-24 as the center and ws-24 for the sides.. Would this be a decent setup? I'm not sure on what sub I want yet .. I want something that has very low bass , something lower than 22Hz.

Hello, welcome to the forum: those are nice speakers, but they are not made to handle a lot of bass. Getting a sub is a must for a good bookshelf system if you want a decent bass response. Sub's that go down to 22 Hz are a little more expensive and you may not need one that goes that low. A good 10 or 12 in. sub will most likely get the job done. What size room are you in and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? What is your budget? These are things to consider before your purchase. Good luck and happy holidays.

Thanks for the quick reply, I am in a small room at the moment 10'x11' .. I just want a good mid-range setup.I still need a new sound card for my pc and suggestions? I am upgrading my room to 12x15 soon.

** Well funny thing my friend just brought me a sub that came out of a foreclosure and it's a DCM TD1212 , hooked it up and it doesn't sound too bad.**