Budget setup for parents. Klipsch RC3ii + KG3.5's or Polk Monitor 70 + Polk CSI3 ?

JCole

I can get an RC3II for $150, and the KG3.5's for $150. = $300

Or someone has Polk Monitor 70 plus CSi3 center plus a polk 10" sub for $440.

I've been reading the bass extension on the polk monitors are the shits. Plus they're not as sensitive, even though they have 4 woofers.

These are for my parents who're running an older pioneer amp that does 100watts with 2 channels driven, and less with 5 channels. Room is roughly 2000 feet cubed.

Mostly action and drama movies, sometimes 2 channel music (probably more with new speakers).

Obviously this is a klipsch forum, but are the KG3.5's a better speaker ? The specs indicate they go down to around 40hz. Reviews for the polks say they drop sharply after 60hz.

They already have a 12" sub. Their 60 year old ears probably wont notice the unmatched center.

i would say the klipsch comebo isnt too bad. I think that 300 is high for it tbh. I have sold about 3 or 4 rc-3 II's for about 100-125 each and i have seen those kg 3.5's go for about 100 a pair now. id say for 200 you have a good deal, 300 is meh. that matchup isnt perfect but its a good start. That rc-3 II center is an all time favorite of mine and you could seek out rf-3's or rb-5's to go with it.