Series 1 Cornwall squawker attenuation question

hornertuber

I have a set of 72 vert Cornwalls and would like to attenuate the squawker down maybe 3-4db. There is a thread (with diagram) on the modification needed for a La Scala here

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/135666.aspx

Unless I'm mistaken my 72's have a B type cross over. Which shares the T2A auto trans with the La Scala. B Crossover diagram here.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/51913/495585.aspx

Does anyone know what tap/resistor combo I would need to achieve a 3-4db squawker drop?

I want to attenuate down a little because I'm trying out a set of (out of the box) 511's. The mid seems so present now the mid drowns out some other frequencies. The k55 upper roll off probably isnt helping. EQing works but usually I dont use one. Rather dial in passive things before going to active.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ya I like the ALK networks. The stock B type has taps to attenuate I just dont know which.

I'm using Crites updated at the moment and like them. Would love to try al's sometime soon though. After the holidays when I have disposable income again lol. For now though these k55/511b combo sounds way wider and in your face but in doing so throws the whole balance out of wack.

Cudos on the skyline and 510 too btw lol. I have a 72 s30 myself.

Using tap#2 and a 15O resistor will drop the level 3dB and keep the crossover point the same.

Thank you for the response. Tomorrow I'll solder a blade connector to swap taps and add a resistor across at the screws.

I think the 511 combo sounds much more full though slightly brighter and in your face. Hoping the slight attenuation will help bring everything together better.