Running 2nd sub with RSW-15

david2334

I currently own an RSW15 which sounds great with music. It does well for HT too, but I would like something that can reach a little lower. After running Audyssey on my Denon 4311 the response is less boomy which is good. But I believe a second sub would help even out the response throughout the room. Is it worth trying to integrate another sub such as an HSU VTF-15H, better to replace with two matching subs, or possibly use trhe RSW15 for music and another for HT?

In general it is better to have two identical subs with the same frequency response. If your bass is boomy this may be due to reverb/standing waves. The sub you have goes pretty low and is a great sub. Any way to check? Are you speakers let to large, small or a combination of the two? This will influence bass management. I have a 15 in. sub and it is great for music and HT. I ran MCACC on my system using 3 listening position to get the best correction for standing waves in the room. This was in addition to moving the sub to different locations in the room. Before doing this the bass was somewhat boomy. Now it is tight and dynamic. Two subs are better for spreading around the bass in the room than using some speakers set to large; it is a simpler way for bass management in a system.