Quintets for movies, floors for Music

tdunlap0001

Hello All,

I recently setup my home theater with Quintets and the sw 350 sub. I love them for movies, but music seems lacking. I am running a Denon 1911 receiver. My thought is to get a pair of nice floor speakers and hook them up to zone 2 for my musical enjoyment.

Hopping to scratch the noggins of everyone's experience on its performance and which floor speakers to get as well as any amp i would need to power the beasts. I like a range of music but i tend to lean towards dub step and house. I love bass, but clean precise base: not overpowering sloppy bass.

Thank You,

Terry.

You can try using zone 2, and disabling Audyssey EQ when playing music from that zone. The Denon you have is only 90 watts, so it may be a little animic for what you want with modern speakers. You might try a pair of Heresy's (I, II or III's) and see how it works out. They are efficient speakers. If you have the room, a set of LaScalas (I or II's) would be even better. Both types of speakers are readily available in the used market, and if you try them and don't like them, which would surprise me, you can sell them easily.

First off thank you all for responding.

The way i understand zoning is the audio is put out in its primal state to another secondary amp which is responsible for driving the speakers? My plan was to have a completely separate system for music utilizing this fact. I wanted to keep it to just a 2.0 system, since i don't plan to have a sub i wanted to use floor speakers that can produce the full sound im looking for. I was thinking something similar to RF 82's.

Let me know if i am wrong as i am new to the whole audio scene.

Thanks

Terry