Surround minimum height

Hsjr09

Hello

I am going to buy RS62 II or RS 52II or maybe the RB 81II but I have no clue about my choice so far. One reason is my livingroom shape is not taking any even shape, it is more like a diamond shape to be more specific which is not good for HT. I am thinking to use speaker stand with RS line if that is possible other wise I may go for radiator speaker. The question is, What is the minimum height for surround speakers RS 62II and is it possible to use speakers stand?? and if it is possible to use stand what is the best valued brand to get it??

Right now I have stereo system consists of RF 82II

Thanks in advance

What type of setup do you want to run, Front Height, Front Wide, Surround Back or standard 5.1. List your whole systems and others will surely help you. There are a lot of ways to set things up, taking the facts of room constraints. I personally like wall mounted surrounds. I use the VS 14 for Front Height and surround speakers. I tried the VB 15 in the Front Height position, but the 14's have a WAF and sound just as good.

My system consists of 2.1 ; RF 82II and VTF3 MK3 Sub. I am planning to convert it to 5.1 system, so the surround speakers would be on the sides. It is really convinancing when you hang surround speakers on the wall, however this is not an option for me. Because one speaker will be at 3 ft away from sweet spot while other will be 10 ft away. For now I shall concentrate on the best position of my surround speakers but I may listen to speakers that you suggested later.

I am assuming you are sitting in one of the angels in the diamond shap room. Make an equilateral triagnle from your RF 82II's to your sitting position. Locate the TV between the tower speakers. Keep the towers 1-2 ft away from walls. I deally the surrounds should be at ear level. Since you are going to be using the RS 52 or 62, If possible put them at equal distance from the listening position. They do not have to be directly on the side of the listener. These WDST speakers cover 180 degree area so, having them some what anterior to the sweet spot will work. You need a center channle speaker. I would suggest getting that first. The RS 52 or 62 sound like ear level will be a bad spot for those speakers. You may want to elevate them 3-4 ft so the are out of harms way.

To clear everything about my livingroom and location of my HT this ( http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5084/photoxoz.jpg ) shall explain everything.

It is kind of impossible to place the surround speakers on equal distance from sweet spot if I decided to hang them opposite to each other. Besides, I am not certain if my

System will perform adequately if both speakers set at different distance. But, will my AVR ;Marantz SR7005; handle such variation through automatic setting using Audyssey?

Please can you help me to find the best spot to hang surround speakers in my livingroom? Both RS 62II and 52II are very efficient speakers that come at good value. but I am more toward RS62 because it has better sensitivity and slightly bigger woofer.

Last for center channel I decide to go for RC 62II and shall be hanged over the TV.

Thanks for the additional info. Place one surround between the balcon and window, and the other at as good of a matching point across from it. Yes, Audessey should balance out the difference in the speaker locations. Remember that surround speaker, play a support role in your HT. So, you should be good to go. The front stage is the anchor of a good HT and other speakers should compliment the front stage. Good luck!

This is brilliant, I haven't think about that before. In addition how about adding third surround speaker on the wall that is in the left of HT marked area? Shall I use three RS 62II? Will it cover my space with surround audio? (Sorry for asking so many questions I am not sure about my selection and how shall I placed the surround speakers accurately to have better experience)