Klipsch promedia 5.1 Muffled sound fixed

drcigg

Hopefully this helps someone out there that experienced this same thing. I have had this thing broken sitting in the closed for 5 years and just now got around to replacing more parts.

It would play fine for about 2 or 3 minutes then the audio would get real muffled and cut in and out.

Before today I had replaced a lot of parts. Basically anything that looked burnt or semiburnt I replaced.

Today I replaced the 3 larger caps by the transformer as well as all 4 transistors on that side. U510, etc.... I also soldered all the traces on the transformer.

I thought for sure I would be putting this thing back into the closet again. Fired it up and it plays just as beautiful as when I bought it. Going on 2 hours of audio with no muffled sounds.

I hope this helps someone. These really are great sounding speakers.

Great that you got it working again. Heat buildup has been the main culprit with these amps. it seems that the OEM parts would fail due to internal heat over time. You may want to think about adding one of these, as it may extend the useful life of the amp even further, now that it is working....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=klipsch+cooling&_sacat=0&_sop=10&_odkw=klipsch&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313