K-4M manifold wiring for 4 K-55-V

THXAUDIO

looks like only one autoformer so series parallel makes sense. I would use a bigger autoformer......4 k-55's is 160watts of driver and the T2A is probally only good for 25 watts.

post-22082-13819688653622_thumb.jpg

I'm experimenting with a mod LaScala for a center channel speaker using a crites tweeter and sub with the K-260 horn and a modified crossover from crites as well on a modified type B crossover for the K-260 but with only one K-55 driver so need to change the crossover again since adding the 4 K-55's?

From a crossover perspective the impedance of a single k-55 and 4 in a series parallel arrangement is the same. The only question I would ask Bob would be a senerio question.......if he built you a crossover for 1 driver at 300hz and later you make this a 4 driver arrangement....how much power can the autoformer he provided handle at 300hz? For home use, it should be OK.

"T2A is probally only good for 25 watts."

It's as big as a 25W 70V line transformer with bandwidth down to 40hz, it should handle at least 10dB higher than that above 400hz.

The most I have ever used on a T2A transformer in a Klipsch speaker was a 900W amplifier, and it was the woofer that sounded scared (not the midrange driver).