iTunes HELP please

Old iMac has my CD collection which was moved from internal drive to external drive (because I've got a LOT of music on there). Transferred hard drive to new iMac and proceeded to upgrade iTunes (old machine could only handle V 4.0 or so, new one is way past that). In the meantime have added a LOT more cd's all of which in highest bit rate transfer. PROBLEM- although I still have all my songs from the old machine, I do not have ( did not transfer over ) the old file containing the PLAYLISTS. I had each album/cd on it's own setlist for the sake of the library and a bunch (dozens) of custom set lists and * markings of favorite songs. Does anyone know where this playlist file exists on the old computer or a manner in which I can get that info to new computer without destroying the existing new library file? Thanks!

About the iTunes Library files

Your two iTunes Library files keep track of what media you've added to iTunes, how you've organized it, and other information such as playlists. These two files are in your iTunes folder by default:

• Mac OS X: /Users/username/Music/iTunes/
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\
  • Windows Vista: C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\
  • Windows 7: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\