SACD Player and Amplification

bricetune

Sirs-

I am putting an SACD player with a powerful (200Watts) 2-channel amplifier and two channel preamp in a panelled library on the BOOKSHELVES, unfortunately, because that's the only place he (she!) will have them. I had a pair of RB-5s speced in, but they are acoustic suspension, with a HUGE port in the back. Wouldn't it be a shame to do this, that is, back up the speakers to a hard surface like a bookshelf with no room to "breathe"? We often use a material known as closed-cell neoprene to dampen unwanted vibrations in cabinets, other than this, is there any thing that you recommend? Thanks.Text

Hmmm...tricky...you either need to find a front firing ported speaker or a sealed unit.

The Heresy springs to mind as a sealed unit (but it is a fair bit bigger than the RB5).

I do remember the old KSB 3.1 was front firing but the sound was nothing to write home about.

If there is anything else Klipsch that fits I am sure someone here will know.

Good luck!!

------------------

My System: http://aca.gr/pop_maxg.htm

Personally, I don't like any speaker up against any walls, it ruins the soundstage, imaging and illusion of depth, all of which the SACD is supposed to give you better than the CD format ...

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!