luxman vs. denon or pioneer elite

bmarch

• 2 years later...

I have a Luxman stereo reciever from the early ninties, 35 luxman watts. I don't know what Luxman's surround recievers sound like but my Luxman stereo reciever sounds better than my Dennon 4800 and it's 10 years older with 80 watts less per channel. I think home theater recievers will never be able to sound as good as componets that are designed only for music reproduction. If you are happy with it's capablilites then don't buy anything else. However if you want 7.1 or whatever it is now then be ready for a possible decrease in sound quality. If you are trying to improve the sound quality then don't buy a home theater reciever.

There are good home theater recievers but you will have to pay for them. I have been very satisfied with my Dennon 4800 for Home theater. But when I compare the Dennon to my Luxman the Luxman wins. I've been using a Monarchy Audio SM 70 25 watts stereo amp with the Luxman as a preamp and it sounds even better. See if you can find a dealer that would let you take a demo home.

bmarch:

I've not yet owned a Luxman but I do have great respect for them. I can only tell you that I have been extremely happy with my Pioneer Elite VSX-49TXi and the way it has driven my Klipsch system for the last year. What I cannot tell you is that you should be regretting your purchase. I figure, so long as your own ears are happy (and that's what is really important), then I think you did pretty good, don't you? Best of luck!

-Picky 2.gif