about a fuse on a kp250

leo Mas

hello im new and need a question answered ... I have a Klipsch kp250 speaker with no fuse or fuse cap/// so i need to know what is the size or amp of the fuse that goes in there... so i can replace the holder and fuse.... does anyone know what the amp of the fuse is.... the holder I can get at radio shack... thank you ... thank you very much... im new to klipsch and think im going to be looking for another set ...

if you use this charet, and fuse by driver, you can get an idea , what a good fuse size should be. If you put the fuse after the crossover, an 8 ohm tweeter rater at 5 watts would get about a 1/4 of an amp fuse. A 16 ohm mid driver rated at 40 watts would get about a 3/4 of an amp fuse. An 8 ohm 200 watt woofer would get about a 2.5amp fuse. Fuses before the crossover are not very useful since they tend to protect woofers more than needed twweters and mid drivers.

post-22082-13819739587618_thumb.png

post-22082-1381977024909_thumb.png

post-22082-13819797385454_thumb.png

thank you for the fast answers... im going to go with a 2amp fuse ... if it blows ill move it up to 2.5 amp... i got a email that just said 3amps... but anyway the fuse is before the crossover ... an thats the original design of the speaker so ill just go with it... guess i could install a fuse on each horn but ill just go with one 2amp on the input ... of the box. but i guess your right it only protects the woofer. thanks for the chart... thank you again..