The big change

tm455

I purchased my first set of Klipsch speakers in April of 1974. A set of raw birch K-Horns. For years I drove them with a Crown DC-300A and an IC-150. The crown stuff is gone, but the K-horns remain. Along the way I picked up 3 Belles for a center and 2 surrounds. After 38 years I'm pretty certain that its time to go thru the K's completely. I considered a stock type deal, but decided to go a little farther.

ALK is building 3 extreme slope crossover networks, 2 for the K-Horns and one for the center Belle.

The Eliptrac's and Contrac's I ordered form Fastlane showed up today for the 2 K-horns. I expect the same pieces for the Belle in the next week. Ill get to the surrounds later this year.

I have 3 B&C DE250 Hi Frequency drivers and still need to order the 3 DCM50's for the midrange. Likely use the Crites cast frame woofer.

I expect it to be at least another month or so before I have everything here, so I wont start taking anything apart or post pics until then. Just thought I would start a post and get any feedback thats out there from those that have already been thru this. Good and Bad.