Buying Help- Suggestions and Receiver Help

AmmarYasirA

Hey guys, Im looking at a home theater system and most definitely Klipsch...

I want the RB-42 II theater system and I was comparing between the subwoofer Klipsch themselves suggested and another one that they have... They are suggesting the SW-308 with the system however the SW-115 offers more wattage and better sensitivity and frequency for the same amount of money... Can someone tell me which one I should go with and why? And also if wattage matters the most or not. I just want the best I can get with my money. This entire system will set me back around $1750 excluding receiver.

So... Which receiver should I go with? I have looked at Onkyo and they seem to be very good, but I am not too familiar with sound systems as this one will be replacing the (almost) 9 year old sound system I have from Sony that started to go bad. At that time I just picked up whatever the sales rep at the time suggested me with the money I had.

I do look forward to buying this as soon as I can, so any help would be great!

Thanks!

-Ammar

Hey AmmarYasirA, Welcome to the Klipsch Forums. We're glad you're here. [<:o)]

I think you'd get better responses in the "Home Theater" Section. ------> CLICK HERE

As far as receivers go, I'd look for one that has the features you need. AVR's in the same price range are typically very similar these days, so features are the what you want to look for.

Good luck and happy listening,

Dennie