Crossover Madness!

dblue

Hello all,

I am in need of information regarding bass management. I was wondering what kinds of crossovers are available on the market. I have a Dennon 2802, and the lowest crossover setting is 80Hz. With my reference 3's all around, I would like to be able to have more flexibility (Different settings for each set of speakers, variable settings, etc.) Is there a way to do this? And if I purchase a crossover, do I have to add a power amp as well? Any advice would be appreciated. Here is my full system...

-Denon 2802

-2 RF3-IIs

-2 RS3-IIs

-1 RC3-II

-1 SVS Pci25-31 Subwoofer

------------------

"May your mind be like water and mold to many things." -Bruce Lee

d, you're fine w/ a fixed 80hz & small setting on all your speaks except the mains - rf-3. does the svs have speaker level connections? if so, a cheap option would be to wire the svs speaker level to the fronts posts of the denon, iow in parallel to the fronts (both rf & svs running from the denon's fronts posts).

then by setting sub:no all lfe would go to both the svs & fronts. you of course have fronts:large, & you could

then dial down the crossover on the svs to blend best for all material without the fear of losing lfe w/ the stuff w/ the .1 channel since lfe also will go to the front rf-3.

this however to my ears doesn't produce as clean & dynamic lfe as it does using the sub prout & having adjustable crossovers in a digital processor.

to use an external device such as an outlaw icbm, you need inputs to the power amp/section. unfortunately most receivers don't have power ins to connect the icbm between the preamp & amp, so for it to work on all input devices you need to put it between the receiver preouts & a power amp (just a 2 channel power amp for the rf-3 really needed in your case).

or you could go w/ no power amp & just put the icbm between your dvdp & receiver. however then you only get the flexible bass mgmt of the icbm when using the dvdp.

------------------

My Home Systems Page