Age of LaScala from s/n

Pete C

looks like '79. figured i better repost this chart so it doesn't get purged from the sys biggrin.gif

1962 A

1963 B

1964 C

1965 D

1966 E

1967 F

1968 G

1969 H

1970 I

1971 J

1972 K

1973 L

1974 M

1975 N

1976 P

1977 R

1978 S

1979 T

1980 U

1981 W

1982 X

1983 Y

I just headed back here to purge this, because I found the chart in another post.

1984+ used the 1st 2 digits of the s/n, i.e. 1984 was 84xxxxxxx. The digits after the year was day or month number.

Thanks for the fast response! I posted under a Cornwall thread, because my Cornwall II was made in 1972.

pete

From '84-'89 YY WW XXXX where XXXX is the 4 digit identity of the particular speaker. YY is the year and WW is the week of the year.

From '90-'97 it was DOY, then YY(backwards) XXXX where DOY is the Julian day of the year like the 203rd day of 93, which would show as 20339 then 4 digits representing the unique box nuber.

Now DD, YY XXXX

My RF-3s and RC-3 don't match the "now" numbers posted by BobG either, e.g. 01090473 for an RF-3. Using the "now" code, it was manufactured on the 1st day of '09. It can't be YY DD XXXX, because there are more than 99 days in a year. I guess it is the 090th day of '01, making the code YY DDD XXX.

yea pete figured the unit# was only 3 digits,

but w/ my cornwall #(above) guess that means it was made in jul(07) of '84 (contrary to what i've heard on this board). guess also they didn't make more than 999 units/mo. or if they did then maybe they went to 4 digits (8 total). pretty arcane system biggrin.gif

OK, so I was on drugs. Hi, my name is BobG and I have a problem.

The current format for s/n is YY WW XXXX so that s/n 01090473 means the year 2001, the 9th week and production number 473

Hopefully, Gen. McCaffrey doesn't own Klipsch wink.gif

So, now it's back to the '84-89 method. Did Boa12 find your stash in his speakers, are his just missing a digit, or is there another method of coding s/n? I got my answer (thanks BTW,) but I know he'll be wondering still.

lol pete. smile.gif pulled off the corn backs recently & nothing left there from the 80's frown.gif & who's that gen.?

i think i deduced that the unit #s can be either 3 or 4 digits. 3 in my case. so i guess then they're the 7th wk of '84. i can now sleep biggrin.gif

& thanks for that link matt!

Gen. McCaffrey is our anti-Drug Lord known affectionately as the U.S. Drug Czar. He is the one removing our right to talk about illegal drugs, as well as monitoring all electronic transmissions for references to drugs in hopes of catching someone doing something illegal, i.e. constant wiretap.

pete