Klipsch Image X7i

Chris03

Okay guys, I really need your help. Two days ago, I got myself a pair of X7i's. I tried them on and found out that the sound is a little bit scratchy, buzzy and blurry. Is it because I need to let them burn in? Or am I having a problem with it? Also, I noticed that when I'm walking with these in the ears, every time the cord touches something like my coat, or even just turning my head around makes some annoying noise in the earbuds. I think it's microphonics? (Correct me if I'm wrong). However, if I'm sitting there and listening to music and not moving, everything is okay but as soon as I get up and walk, man, the noise covers up a lot of the music and you can't hear the music clearly anymore. Is it a problem with the earbuds or it's just like that?

Coming from a big fan of the S4i's, I expected the X7i's to have a clearer, crisper sound but please tell me if you had a similar situation as mine.

Thanks for answering, it'll be much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Flat cables will always produce more noise than rounded ones. Clipping the cable to your shirt will help. I also tuck my cable underneath my shirt which helps. It really shouldn't be that pronounced of a noise in any case. The X7i will definitely have a more neutral and balanced sound compared to the S4i...You really shouldn't have to burn it in. Is the scratchiness/buzzing a result of the cable noise?

Thank you for your response. Yes I've tried tucking the cable under the shirt and it does reduce a lot of noise. I don't know but a few days after I bought them, I found out that they sound much better than the first time. How would you describe the sound of the S4i's?

Thank you for your response. Yes I've tried tucking the cable under the shirt and it does reduce a lot of noise. I don't know but a few days after I bought them, I found out that they sound much better than the first time. How would you describe the sound of the S4i's?

Many customers find that at approximately 30 hours of use, headphones sound much better than they do straight out of the box. The S4i are definitely more bass-heavy compared to the X7i. The X7i are far more accurate and balanced....Just depends on what kind of sound you prefer to say which sounds better.