OK,,,,, Ver.1 CF-4's VS FORTE 1..........

marems

OK, i have had both speakers for the last 2 + years. and I must say deciding between the two has been very hard as far as what kinda sound i was after for the music I was listening to... I run them both off my McIntosh MC352 and I find the Forte to have more of a fuller sound, with the extra 2db lower extention. But!.!....... the CF-4 has more kickass output overall. The crossovers or all stock in both speakers, I have replaced the Forte' tweeter with the titanium diaphragms and I am looking at replacing the mids in the Forte and re-soldering the xovers in both the CF-4's and forte's...

OK, i have had both speakers for the last 2 + years. and I must say deciding between the two has been very hard as far as what kinda sound i was after for the music I was listening to... I run them both off my McIntosh MC352 and I find the Forte to have more of a fuller sound, with the extra 2db lower extention. But!.!....... the CF-4 has more kickass output overall. The crossovers or all stock in both speakers, I have replaced the Forte' tweeter with the titanium diaphragms and I am looking at replacing the mids in the Forte and re-soldering the xovers in both the CF-4's and forte's...

Are you saying the crossovers are all original? Well, that would make deciding between the two speakers very hard, indeed.

Updating the crossovers in my 1979 La Scalas was the best investment in sound I made. If you haven't "updated" the crossovers yet, do it now. You'll be glad you did. REALLY! yes.gif

Dennie