Marantz SR 7000 and KSW 12 ....

Trent

Just ordered KSW 12 subwoofer. Will need about 30 ft of speaker wire to connect to my Marantz SR 7000 receiver. What do you suggest? I don't want to spend a fortune on expensive speaker wire if I'm not going to be able to detect a difference. I was told to go to Radio Shack and buy mono cable with RCA connects. Someone else told me to get 16 gauge speaker wire from Home Depot, but this would not have RCA connections. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the helpful advice frown.gif

Went to Radio Shack and spent $5 on 24' phono plug to phono plug 18 gauge wire. They told me that was all I needed for a subwoofer hookup. Sounds pretty cheap to me, but then again, if I can't detect an "audible difference", what's the difference?

I guess my only other option would be to spend $100 on Monster Cable or some other expensive cable and compare the two, but I'm

too lazy to go through all that. Was hoping someone else on this forum had already done that.

Trent - I have read that on the KSW subs you will want to use a y-adapter at the sub end and connect the bass signal to both the LFE and the low-level input in order to take full advantage of the sub's abilities. Not having a KSW, I can only tell you what I've read on this board.

Good luck!