Chorus II Tweeter / Crossover Issue

LLG

Brand new to Klipsch and Klipsh community. I purchased a pair of Chorus IIs. Tweeter in one speaker is faint (little sound, but plays). Owner disclosed this, by the way. I figured I would replace a diaphram and be on my way. I switched the tweeter and it played normally in the other paired speaker. Removed the crossover/wire pin connector on the back of the speaker with tweeter issue. Plastic around air inductor is melted. Figured something else is up with the crossover or perhaps this inductor is causing my problem. Any ideas what could have caused the melted plastic around the inductor? Was hoping to get by with purchasing a crossover from someone that may have upgraded. Would an economical active cross-over be a good solution? Any After purchasing the speakers, I cannot afford to purchase upgraded crossovers. Help with causes and solutions? Thx.

Could you post a few good pictures so we can have a look at the crossover? While you are at it can you solder the spade connections on the problematic speaker because sometimes those crimp connections come loose over years (this on the lead wires). That would be a goodplace to start. Best regards Moray James.