Bluetooth

lopezh

I'm looking at getting a pair of headphones and have been going back and forth between Bluetooth ones or reference ones. Does anyone know if they will be releasing reference Bluetooth? I hear the bt1s have more bass. I'm not a bass head but do appreciate a nice punchy rounded sound. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a reference guy and like the copper color of refs. Beyond looks I'm more interested in sound. Still not sure which way to go. I like the wireless option but I'm worried there might be sound degregation. Thanks for your response. Do you have any direction?

I am actually not familiar with these models so it would be wrong for me to comment on them. I can say without hesitation that bluetooth audio does not sound nearly as good. I have a new Ford Fusion with the Sync system. I have a USB port that I keep a thumb drive plugged into with about 300 sougs. I also have the option of USB audio, which I use sometimes for audio books or podcasts when I travel. Spoken word doesn't really make much difference and I like it for the convenience factor. But if I try to listen to music via bluetooth audio it is awful. Terribly compressed with no dynamics. I can't live with it.

Sorry I can't help with your other question. I am just not familiar with those models. I'm sure that someone else on this forum will be able to help you.

I am actually not familiar with these models so it would be wrong for me to comment on them. I can say without hesitation that bluetooth audio does not sound nearly as good. I have a new Ford Fusion with the Sync system. I have a USB port that I keep a thumb drive plugged into with about 300 sougs. I also have the option of USB audio, which I use sometimes for audio books or podcasts when I travel. Spoken word doesn't really make much difference and I like it for the convenience factor. But if I try to listen to music via bluetooth audio it is awful. Terribly compressed with no dynamics. I can't live with it.

Sorry I can't help with your other question. I am just not familiar with those models. I'm sure that someone else on this forum will be able to help you.

Actually, it depends on what kind of Bluetooth you have. We waited to release our Image ONE Bluetooth headphones until the Bluetooth audio technology had matured. We essentially use the latest and greatest Hi-Fi Bluetooth (A2DP + aptX®) for lossless audio quality.

Image ONE (II) will be bassier than the Reference ONE sound signature.

Alex - are you prepared to tell me that there is a bluetooth audio technology available to the masses that sounds as good as a direct connection to a processor, or even to an mp3 player with high quality files? And I don't mean something that is close. It has to be the same or I am not interested. I don't think we are there yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Alex - are you prepared to tell me that there is a bluetooth audio technology available to the masses that sounds as good as a direct connection to a processor, or even to an mp3 player with high quality files? And I don't mean something that is close. It has to be the same or I am not interested. I don't think we are there yet.

You should read Mashable's review of the Image ONE Bluetooth: click here

I just read it but I'm not buying it. I would love to listen to them myself but a bluetooth signal does not have the bandwidth to faithfully reproduce music like a wired set up can. Fact of life. I hope it gets to that point one day and it probably will, but not yet.