S4 rugged inline remote...any issues?

rlp2955

Hey guys,

I have been through at least 4 different types of in ear headphones (Monster iSport, Sennheiser 685, etc) that have the in line remote/volume control. Each of them I have ordered through Amazon I have returned because after 3 or 4 heavy workouts (sweat a lot), the volume control always shorts out. The Ipod will bring up volume control, music starts to skip all over, etc. It's been painful.

I just ordered a pair of the S4 ruggeds as I try to find a brand that actually is waterproof around the in line volume control. Anyone have these and tested to make sure that the inline remote is also waterproof?

Hey guys,

I have been through at least 4 different types of in ear headphones (Monster iSport, Sennheiser 685, etc) that have the in line remote/volume control. Each of them I have ordered through Amazon I have returned because after 3 or 4 heavy workouts (sweat a lot), the volume control always shorts out. The Ipod will bring up volume control, music starts to skip all over, etc. It's been painful.

I just ordered a pair of the S4 ruggeds as I try to find a brand that actually is waterproof around the in line volume control. Anyone have these and tested to make sure that the inline remote is also waterproof?

Just fyi, there are absolutely ZERO headphones out there that are "waterproof". No sound would come out if they were haha. But the S4i Ruggeds should be just fine for a sweaty workout. I actually use the S4As when I workout (and I sweat quite a bit) and I haven't had any issues.

You may also want to consider the A5i Sport: click here

For North Americans, our headphones have a 2 year warranty, so you can also buy with confidence!

Just to be clear...my concern is not with the earbuds themselves. My specific concern is with the inline volume control and whether anyone who has sweated on it has had problems with the control going out. This has happened to me on 3 different branded earbuds that have inline remotes so want to make sure these don't have the same problem. Otherwise, I will just pick up a pair without the inline (although I like the convenience of the inline...when it works).

Just an fyi...it looks like these aren't sweat proof either. Ran with these over this past weekend and the volume up/down started to go in and out. If I let them dry out, they worked again. Defeats the purpose of having a remote if they are going to short out all the time...so back they go. Wasn't a big fan of the huge remote anyway. It was impossible to clip these somewhere that it wasn't banging on my chest and you could hear it on every footstep.

Going to stick with the Sennheiser 685i and just put a little piece of black tape over the remote to keep sweat from getting in it. It doesn't seem like anybody puts out a sweatproof product with an inline remote that doesn't short out if it gets wet. Ridiculous.