Promedia 5.1 Fuse

Jashmen

I need the fuse that goes in one of these sons!

One end has a Y looking thing with a circle in the middle of it (Probably not relevant), followed by SIC, UL in a circle, SA in a circle, with (PS)E over the word JET.

The other end reads: 5A 250V.

I know what the 2ND end means, but I can't find a fuse to match everything up! It's a tube, pretty small: ~5MM

Where to get one? I'm pretty sure that's all that is currently wrong with my system, I hope at least.

Hi-

You can buy that particular fuse at Radio Shack. It will be in the parts bin along with capacitors,

diodes etc.

I would urge you to pick up 2 of those fuses. If you did not have a power surge that blew fuse,

then there is something wrong with the interior components of the sub.

As an owner of 2 5.1 Ultra systems and a 4.1 system, of which the subwoofers of all 3 systems

have failed, the only reason I had a fuse ever blow was a power surge and the failure of one of the

BASH chips. Too much heat inside the enclosures.

Here is the guy's business card. You can buy from him directly. I have used his kit in my Promedia 5.1 Ultra and am happy with it.

post-47699-0-64720000-1385657767_thumb.j

Edited by mustang guy

Here is the guy's business card. You can buy from him directly. I have used his kit in my Promedia 5.1 Ultra and am happy with it.

Thnx for posting that, mustang guy!

Hi-

Thanks for the e-bay link to the fan kit. I'm aware of Mr. Koch's repair service on the various lines of Klipsch subwoofers using the fan to reduce the heat in the sub enclosures. Mr. Koch has a stellar reputation, among the various major tech sites, for his repair work. While I've not used him for repair work, I've several friends that have and they were very happy with the work.

I've lived with the 5.1 ultra systems and have used them extensively; I'm familiar with how they sound and feel. That small fan changes the 'feel' of the subwoofer. I tried installing a fan in one system, and was able to feel the difference. It was enough that I removed the fan and left it as it was, originally. I'm sure that people that regularly read and post here will understand when I say there is a different 'feel' to a system that has had a slight modification. Like adding a few extra pounds of air to your car tires.

Again, thanks for the link. There is much useful information in that link as to what could be wrong with a system and what one might expect as to repairs. Mr. Koch was highly recommended by my friends.