Video Cards

brian_donaldson

I recently purchased a refurb HP from ubid--decent performance for an attractive price. However it came with an NVidia Vanta card, and I gather that this is rather at the low end of the performance spectrum.

Previously I had an ancient P90 and had 2 cards, a 2d card and a monster card with the voodoo chipset.

I was thinking of upgrading my card, and was wondering if anyone could give some suggestions as to which card(s) in the NVidia linup offer good performance/cost tradeoffs. Do you still need 2 graphics cards or have they combined functionality?

Tnx in advance,

B

If it has an AGP slot go with the GeForce 2 series of cards. The GeForce2 MX with 32mb can be had for ~$110. There is also a PCI version of this card. The rest of the GeForce family can set you back up to $300 if not more.

You only need one card now.

c>

------------------

SO MUCH TO DO, SO LITTLE TIME.c>

the radeon32 ddr is the best value if you play your games at 32 bit and high resolutions.you can get them for 150 after 50 mail in rebate from best buy or for just over 150 on price watch with out rebates.they tear up the mx for close to the same price with many more features,better 2d,and industry leading video.